Bankston Lumber Company Inc. was founded in 1929 by Edward A. Bankston. He began with a portable steam sawmill in Pike County, Georgia. His son James H. "Pete" Bankston joined him in the late 1930's and the business grew to 3 portable sawmills.
In the late 1940's, they built a planing mill and a retail building supply in Zebulon, Georgia.
In 1958, the company opened a location in Barnesville, Georgia. Pete's son, Cary, purchased the Barnesville store in 1967 and moved it to the current location on Highway 341 in 1972. Cary's son, Chuck, joined the business in 1991.
Currently, Bankston Lumber consists of a full line building supply and truss manufacturing facility serving middle Georgia. We provide building products and value added services while establishing long term relationships with our customers. We strive for excellence in all ventures and dedicate ourselves to our customers.